Friday, March 14, 2014

16th Day

Jesuit Novices reading their Breviaries
Location: San Jose, California
Date: 1953

Photo by Margaret Bourke-White
Courtesy of Life Magazine





THE HEALER AND THE REMEDY


It is certain that men would not be as unhappy as they are, if in all their trials and troubles they went to the Most Holy Sacrament to find a remedy there. 

Jeremias asks: "In Galaad is there no healing balm? Or is there no physician there? (Jer. 8). Venerable Bede comments: Galaad is a mountain in Arabia, rich in sweet smelling spices. This mountain is a figure of Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament, for there He keeps ever ready for us all the remedies needed for the sickness of our souls. 

Jesus Our Saviour, says to us: "Poor children of Adam, why do you complain of the sicknesses that afflict you. Here in the Blessed Sacrament you have the Physician, and the remedy too for every sickness of your soul: "Come to Me, all of you, and I will give you refreshment." 

With the sisters of Lazarus I shall say, "Look on the one you love, for he is sick. " My Master, I am the one, the unhappy one, whom you love; see how wounded my soul is―wounded by my sins. Come to me, my Divine Physician, and heal me; I know that you can heal me and that you will heal me: "O heal my soul, for I have sinned against you." 

O Jesus, my most sweet love, draw me wholly to you; for this make use of the most beautiful attractions of your love. I prefer to be bound in the bonds of your love rather than to be lord and ruler of the whole earth. I do not want anything in this world except your love. It is but little that I have to give in return: but if I could be the owner of all the kingdoms of the world, I would like to own them for this reason―to renounce them for the love of you. 

As it is, I renounce all that I have―my ease and comfort, my pleasures, even spiritual consolations. My liberty and my will I renounce for you―I want to give you everything that I value. You alone I love, O Boundless Goodness; I love you more than my life and I hope to love you through all eternity. 

Aspiration―My Jesus, I give you all; in your kindness accept my gift. 



SPIRITUAL COMMUNION  

Jesus, I believe you are in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love you; I want you to come to me. Come into my heart; I embrace you; O never depart from me.  


A VISIT TO MARY 

THE MOTHER OF MERCY 



Jesuit novices working in the vineyard.
Location: San Jose, California, USA
Date: October, 1953
Photo by Margaret Bourke-White 


My Lady, this is what you once said to St. Brigid: "If anybody comes back to me with a sincere will to change his life, it does not matter how great his sins are. I am ready to receive him at once on his return. I do not ask how great his sins have been, but only about his good will as he returns. I do not refuse to stoop over him, to pour oil on his wounds and to heal him. I am called the Mother of Mercy and so I truly am." 

If you have power to heal me, and you also want to heal me―look, I am coming to you. O Physician from Heaven, heal the wounds of my soul. Say only the word to your Son and I shall be healed. 

Aspiration―O Mary, have pity on me.

Prayer After Each Visit


Jesuit novices quietly engaged in contemplative prayer.
Location: San Jose, California, USA
Date: October, 1953
Photo by Margaret Bourke-White



13 comments:

  1. Pray for me O Blessed Mother Mary that I may be worthy of the promises of Christ. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uh mary pray for me mother pray for me for my family and for the hole world now and at the hour of our death Amen

      Delete
  2. mary my mother & your son Jesus Christ your son pray for us all amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray Blessed Mother that I may be worthy of the promises of Christ. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. my Lord Jesus Christ & Mary My Mother Pray for us all, I love you both thank you for all your blessings, hear my prayers , thy will be done amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessed Mother Mary please intercede on Jeffrey's behalf that his cancer disappear and that he live a long healthy happy life with lots of love and respect from everyone.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessed Mother Mary thank you for Jeffrey having a very good day yesterday ,please make all the rest of his days on this beautiful earth be just as good and even better, filled with lots of love from people who take care of him, treat him with respect and kindness and no fear or no pain. We love you.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pray for us all my Lord & MyMotherhear my prayers thy will be done amen thank you for all your blessings amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessed Mother please let Jeffrey enjoy another beautiful day that the GOOD LORD has given us and let him not get any sicker. We love you and your son. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Pray that my son Jeffrey STARTS FEELING BETTER ,no more pain, no unhappiness, no worries of any kind and surrounded by lots of love. To be accepted into heaven with open arms from everyone that is there and not be afraid .AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please pray to keep my son from all worries and harm.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please help my son Jeffrey to start feeling better and enjoy what time he has left, to not be afraid and to go to heaven in his sleep when it is his time AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  12. O SACRAMENT MOST HOLY O SACRAMENT DIVINE ALL PRAISE AND ALL THANKSGIVING BE EVERY MOMENT THINE. AMEN Blessed Mother Mary pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. AMEN

    ReplyDelete